The Center on Aging and Health is home to a dedicated core of PhD- and Masters-level methodological experts and statisticians. Led by Dr. David Roth, the core provides first-class statistical expertise to the researchers on aging at the Johns Hopkins Medical Institutions. Our group of internationally recognized biostatisticians shares a commitment to quality education and research to advance the science on aging.
This core works to:
- Provide the highest quality professional advice and statistical support to the researchers, fellows and trainees on study design, data collection, data management, data analysis and interpretation of research finding.
- Provide the highest quality statistical education and training to acquaint the next generation of gerontologists and geriatricians with modern statistical tools needed to validly analyze and interpret data.
- Advance the science of aging by developing new analytic methods and applications.
- Assist in developing methodologies for translating epidemiologic research findings into clinical recommendations and interventions.
- Provide state-of-the-art data management, information processing, computing facilities to better achieve research goals.
- Provide access to archived study data through our Data Acquisition System.
Related programs and projects include:
- ADRC Data Management and Statistics Core led by Dr. Karen Bandeen-Roche
- Biostatistics Consulting Center in the Bloomberg School of Public Health
- OAIC Biostatistics Core led by Drs. Qian-Li Xue and Karen Bandeen-Roche
- SPRING Data Management and Analyses Core (DMAC) led by Drs. Qian-Li Xue