April 19, 2023
2:00 pm / 3:30 pm
We hope you can please join us for a special session of the Epidemiology and Biostatistics of Aging (EBA) Training Program: the 8th Annual Joint Session of the EBA, Brain Health Study (BHS) Lab, ENGAGE (Energy, Physical Activity & Aging) Lab, and SMART (Statistical Methods and Applications for Research in Technology) – WIT (Wearable and Implantable Technology) groups this coming Wednesday, April 19th from 2:00-3:30pm. As a special meeting of the EBA Training Program, the goals of this session will be to learn about exciting ongoing research in each of these groups and to discuss potential collaborative opportunities across groups.
Date: Wednesday, April 19, 2023
Location: In person – Room 1-500Q in the 2024 E. Monument St. building; with Zoom option: contact Monique Lee (email@example.com) or Brian Buta (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Meeting topic: Joint session of the EBA training program, BHS Lab, ENGAGE Lab, and SMART/WIT groups
Presenters, and Presentation Titles:
Brain Health Study (BHS) Lab presentation
- Michelle Carlson, Kyle Moored, Breanna Crane, Patrick Donahue, Emily Richards: “Neighborhoods, Cognitive Health, and Modifiable Risk Factors”
ENGAGE Lab presentations
- Anis Davoudi: “Physical Activity and Dementia in the National Health and Aging Trends Study”
- Lacey Etzkorn: Ziopatch studies in ARIC
SMART / WIT Working Group presentations
- Angela Zhao: “Objective physical activity measures outperform traditional predictors of incident Parkinson’s disease in the UK Biobank”
- Lily Koffman: “Fingerprinting Walking using High Density Accelerometer Data”