Data Acquisition & Repository System (DARS)
News and Events
The Biostatistics Core at the Center on Aging and Health provides first-class statistical expertise to the researchers on aging at the Johns Hopkins Medical Institutions. Our group of internationally recognized biostatisticians shares a commitment to quality education and research to advance the science on aging.
The Biostatistics Core works to:
- Provide the highest quality professional advice and statistical support to the researchers, fellows and trainees on study design, data collection, data management, data analysis and interpretation of research finding.
- Provide the highest quality statistical education and training to acquaint the next generation of gerontologists and geriatricians with modern statistical tools needed to validly analyze and interpret data.
- Advance the science of aging by developing new analytic methods and applications.
- Assist in developing methodologies for translating epidemiologic research findings into clinical recommendations and interventions.
- Provide state-of-the-art data management, information processing, computing facilities to better achieve research goals.